England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A little under the weather....

Another week and a lot of finding!  On Monday we had a normal p-day for the most part.  We played some soccer, or football as they call it here.  Then we were able to go and do some service for a family in the ward.  We cleaned up their wood shop.    By the evening I wasn’t feeling that good.  Felt even worse on Tuesday morning with a fever, sore throat and headache, but following study time we headed out and did a little street contacting.   I got some Cold and Flu Relieve and headed back to the apartment for lunch and a nap, hoping that would help.  We had an appointment at 1:30, but he cancelled, so we headed back to the flat and I slept most of the rest of the day.  By morning the fever was lower, I was feeling somewhat better, and so we headed to the neighboring town for some appointments we had set up there.  I wasn’t going to just stay in the flat again that day and miss the lessons.   Wednesday we headed back to the neighboring area for some other appointments.  We were happy to hear one of the guys we had been working with had gotten a new job and was planning to come back to church soon.   The new family we were planning to meet had something come up, but we are hopeful we will be able to catch them this week.

District meeting on Thursday, so a day of traveling to and from meetings.  And three of us Elders were not feeling that good as we spent the day traveling.   We have one District Leader and two Zone Leaders for the area.   Each transfer we have at least 2 splits with the District Leader.  The District Leader will spend time with each companion separately.  The other companion spends the time working with the District Leader’s companion.   Since there are two Zone Leaders, our companionship just splits and one with each of the Zone Leaders.  Occasionally the Zone Leader will go with the companionship to see how they work together as a companionship.  Usually have one or two Zone Leader splits per transfer.   The workovers are for 24 hours.  They will start following morning studies and go 24 hours until after the morning study.  A chance to see all aspects of the missionary’s day.      

Saturday was mostly a day of tracting.  When tracting door after door you have a lot of time to just think about life and such.   It can be a pretty long mental day, but I love it.  Sunday as we were headed to church a member called and asked if I could teach the Priesthood lesson as he was sick.  I said sure.  Luckily it was on a General Conference talk that I heard a few times.   Then out for some more tracting before dinner with a family in the ward.  

This Monday we were invited to go to the air force base as one of the members was being promoted to Major.  He has some friends he wanted us to meet.  It was cool to see it and go through the main building of the base where they are stationed. 

A little bored last night and looked up Island Park on the GPS.

With one gentleman of another faith this week, we were able to share some basic beliefs.  In trying to explain how the Holy Ghost can influence those who are seeking the truth and how the Holy Ghost can become a constant companion following baptism and confirmation.  And also share my testimony of the need for living prophets and apostles to lead and guide His church on this earth today.

 Here’s another great talk.

Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment