England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Staying Here!

Not a lot to talk about for the week, so it will be a short one.  We had supper with a super cool family in the area.  He is really young and in the Stake Presidency.  In fact his Mission President was still on his mission when this gentleman was put into the Stake Presidency.  A really neat guy.

We have found a few new people this week in our searching.  One didn’t know much about Jesus Christ and was really interested in learning all he could about Christ.  We talked for about 50 minutes all about Jesus Christ.  He was really interested. 

On transfers this week spend the day with a missionary on his birthday.  A really fun Elder.  We were able to meet up with a family who has been investigating the church for years. They are planning to be baptized in a few weeks.  

Another person we stopped said they didn’t need a church and weren’t interested in attending any church.  We proceeded to teach the Restoration lesson with them. It was a really good lesson, the spirit was there and strong.  They felt it and in the end committed to come to church with us.  A super cool contact.

We also did some AUF’s this week.  That’s Address Unknown.  Basically from past records, we think the people might still live there, so go and check it out.  We walked for 80 minutes to one the other day.  A lot of walking on that day.



I saw an American flag the other day and had to take a picture of it.

Funny story this week. I was trying to teach at District Meeting this week about goals and the importance of having measurable goals.  But try as I might- I couldn’t say “measurable.”  It always came out as “miserable.”  I couldn’t say it right for like 30 times.  The whole District was just cracking up laughing at me. I couldn’t say it then and I still can’t.  But Hey- English isn’t my first language?!?!?

We had a couple of opportunities of service this week also.  One was helping a family clean out a shed and storage area.  Some of their things in there were just dripping wet in water. I mean what else would it be wet with. It was pretty cool helping them sort through the things.  Another day we helped to transform a kitchen. That was an all day project, I wish I have taken before and after shots.  It was pretty cool.

Just a thought for the week.  Alma 29:10- “I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some souls to repentance.”   We need to remember who we are. I am not the gardener, I am not the growth, I am only a tool. It’s my duty to stay clean and lubricated so that I can work properly in the hands of the Lord.

I am staying in the same area with the same companion. 



Thanks for Everything all of you are doing.   Love, Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment