England London Mission

England London Mission

Monday, February 2, 2015

Exchange Miracles

It’s February, that is so crazy to think. I remember February 2 years ago I got my mission call.   Time is flying by…. This week was an alright week.  As the end of transfer is coming I needed to finish getting the rest of the companion exchanges done.  So I went out on two this week.  I meet a lot more people that way, so it is good.   I was able to go out with a greenie missionary this week.  He was 18 and kind of what I was like when I came out. It is weird to think back and see how much has changed since then. My personal life, my spiritual life, my math skills (they have dropped) and a lot of other things have changed since then. We were out finding people and trying to build up the area.  We came across someone who was completely anti-religious to anything. We were just trying to talk and it was going nowhere.  I was prompted to talk about the Book of Mormon and so I pulled one out and asked if they had ever seen it. The reply was “ohh…. I am reading that book right now. I love it.  Are you the Mormons?”  We were like “yea I guess you could say that.”   They had only been reading it online, so we gladly shared the copy with them and gave the contact information so they could contact the missionaries when finished reading the book.

On the other exchange this week, we stopped by a potential investigator with whom the missionaries have previously left a family proclamation with.  They had read it and had a couple of questions about it.  We were attempting to answer the questions, and the other Elder was prompted to ask if they had ever heard of the Book of Mormon and explained it.  Then bore a testimony of his explanation. The person felt the spirit and accepted the Book of Mormon to read. So this week there were a lot of miracles while on exchanges.



When I came back to the flat after one of the exchanges, the other missionaries had taped some things upside down….oh missionaries these days!

At  Zone Meeting we talked about the importance and power of prayer, I really enjoyed it.  With Zone Meeting this week and the exchanges,  I didn’t spend a lot of time teaching or finding in my own area.  We were able to meet up with some we have been working with.  One of them is beginning to really understand the doctrine as they are studying and that is really nice to see.  Another is making a lot of improvements and we can really see the faith building taking place there. 

Had dinner with a couple of families in the area as well. I really love the ward here. Not that I have a favorite ward I have been in. But this one is great!  During testimony meeting a scripture came to mind. It was the qualifications for baptism in Doctrine and Covenants 20:37  “And are willing to take upon themselves the name of Jesus Christ, having a determination to serve Him to the end.”  And it really just made me think about what I am doing to take upon myself the name of Christ.  The sacrament prayer says take upon myself the name of Jesus Christ and always remember Him.  I think the best thing that helps me to take upon myself the name of Jesus Christ in the most literal sense is wearing my missionary badge.  Everyone that sees me recognizes that I believe in Jesus Christ.  And it just made me reflect on how great it is to stand as a witness of Christ in all times and in all places.  It was a lot of reflecting, but then it led me to reflect that it says by their fruits, you may know them.  That made me think what fruits am I showing that show that I am a witness of Christ?  So ya, it was a lot of thinking, but it was really good. I am so glad that I have had the chance to stand as a witness of Christ, even through persecution, being belittled, made fun of and threats.   All of it I have been so glad to stand as a witness of him.

Thought for the week   “Judgment is not just about what we have done; but rather it’s about what we have become.”   Ask yourself- What will you become because of what your mission has done to you?  Will you mission change you?   “Success on our mission is not just about what we have done; but it about who we have become.”


Thanks for all that you do. I really appreciate it. Love you all and thank you for the letters, emails and prayers.  Love, Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment