England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Good byes and Back again!?!


The final district meeting for this transfer was pretty good.  We did service that evening.  Some friends of a member were looking for some help around their house in getting things ready for Christmas. We were able to do service for a couple of days.  Chopping and stacking wood.  And more hardwood floor laying.  We didn’t get it all done, he was hoping to finish on his own prior to Christmas.  A super cool guy!


For Christmas we opened packages in the morning and went to a member’s home for lunch.  That evening  all the missionaries in our district gathered at the church and skyped our families.  While there we were able to watch a few Disney movies as per President’s approval.  I mostly just took the time to write some letters trying to catch up on the ones that I am behind.


 We did have a little snow one evening, it didn’t stick, but we had snow!  It’s been really cold also- negative C’s.

Friday was Boxing Day, another big holiday here.  It was our p-day that day.  In the morning we had breakfast with the Bishop.  Boxing day has a lot of sales like Black Friday for America, huge sales.  I got a pair of brown dress shoes and new watch because mine had broken. 

With service and the holidays we didn’t have a lot of time that we did finding this week.  We did have  follow ups with some of our recent converts.  One was so excited to see us and immediately asked who is praying to start. He was really excited to start the lesson.   Doing great, I am going to miss this one.   The guy baptized last week was able to be confirmed at church this week.  He is great and sad to see me leave, I will miss him as well and his daughter, that we recently baptized. 

I have been here for 7 ½ months and I am going to miss it.  I hope the work keeps up after I leave.   


Yes, I am moving this transfer.  President called Sunday night and said that I would be going to another area and he would like me to continue at District Leader in the new bigger area.  This District had 6 missionaries and the new area will have 10 missionaries.  So it’s going to be a huge change, but it should be good!  I am excited for another adventure ahead.  It’s weird though because I am going back to the same Stake I just came from, a new area and ward, but the same Stake.  My new companion has been out for about 6 months, and pretty sure he’s a fairly recent convert himself.  I am super excited to serve with him.


Studying this week.  People on the street are always like “I am a good person, why do bad things happen to me? Why is life so hard?”  And Jeffrey R Holland said, “Expecting to have an easy life because you are a good person, is like expecting a bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.” Which I thought was pretty clever analogy, because it’s true. We are going to have hard times in our lives.

Sunday was my last church in this area, which by now feels like a family to me. I will miss this ward and the people here, I was able to say good bye to several of them. But I am excited to be heading to a new area.

Thanks for all the letters and emails. Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment