England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Moving- No Surprise!

I got a call from the Mission President last night and I am moving.  The new area is a bigger city near a place I served before, so I might see some people I know there.   I have enjoyed being in a smaller area and watching the crops grow.   I don’t know much more about the area- have to update you more next week on the new place.  I’m a little nervous to be moving- and sad.  I have grown to love this area a lot and the people and the ward.  It’s a lot like home.  Small town feel with agriculture.  One of my favorite things to do in street contacting was to try and pick out the farmers among the people on the street. Not too hard as they would be the ones with the dirty jeans and work boots on.  We got a lot of potential investigators this week, so it should be a good start for the next transfer for my old companion and his new companion in this area. I’m pretty excited about it, working with a missionary who’s been out just a little less than I have and from Utah.  

This week was a pretty normal week.  Monday was p-day.  And on Tuesday we find some finding and handed out some flyers for the Family History Fair we had coming up on Saturday.  District meetings and a lot of travel on Wednesday and some finding in the neighboring area.  We were able to find a few new people we will contact for appointments in the coming week.  We were able to do some service mostly yard work- digging out an old stump and mowing lawn.  Then our normal service at the local charity.  Saturday we were at the church all day starting with the Family History Fair.  About 30 non-members came.  





We also had the other auxiliaries throughout the building to show the people a little about them as well.  Then we cleaned the church for a baptism that evening for the other ward Elders.  The mission this month had a goal of 50 baptisms for the month.  We were able to get 45- which is a monthly record for at least 4-5 years.   The new goal for June is 55 baptisms for the mission.  Following church on Sunday I was able to go around and say goodbye to a few members. Just getting things all ready yesterday.  And moving today.

 Thanks for everything- Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment