England London Mission

England London Mission

Monday, March 2, 2015

March is already here! Spring Shots!

This week was a pretty good week. It went really quick.  Hit the 20th month mark in my mission. Like most weeks, we had a number of appointments that didn’t work out.  We also checked with a few less actives.  It’s been great in the ward to work with them.  We have been getting some to come out to church.  That is wonderful to see!   Also did some finding.  As a district we are working hard to find more people.  I love the district!


Had a Zone Meeting in another town and went on a transfer this week in another town.  We ended up having a really cool experience there.  We stopped by a less active member for a lesson.  At first she said she was not interested in coming back to church.   We talked about the importance of church and she said that she believed, but she was not going to come back to church.  After more talking, she agreed the church was important, but she was not interested in going.  I was just stumped for any other words, so I just prayed to Heavenly Father and asked what does this lady need to make the necessary change.  At which time I felt the spirit very strong. I knew that I couldn’t do anymore, I could only do so much but she wasn’t going to come back.  Then another thought came to mind.  My badge.  I stopped her mid-sentence and just said Madam, look at this badge. What is really big on it. She said Jesus Christ.  I said yes, exactly, I take upon myself the name of Christ, that means I am a special representative of Him. I have been set apart for this. I have been given spiritual power to be a missionary.  So it is not me asking you and pleading with you to come to church but it is Christ Himself.  I just looked at her and said Christ is telling you to come back and He is using us His messengers in doing so. I knew it was not me that came up with it, because it was very bold. Something that I normally don’t do with less actives when barely meeting them. She felt the spirit, I felt the spirit and the other missionary felt the spirit.  We all knew what I was saying was true.  But in the end, she just said, you won’t get me back to church and have a good night.  There was nothing else I could do.  I felt like the prophets of old, calling people to repentance.  Even though she didn’t respond as we would have liked, it was a pretty touching experience.


Had one lunch with an elder who was returning home this week.   Breakfast with a family from a previous area and some time catching up about the members there.  Went to a ward baptism and got to meet the new Elder in our district.  He’s a recent convert and is really funny.  He’s the only member of his immediate family. 


In my studies this week I was reflecting back on my study journal.  I found a quote by President Jordan- “Covenants are a commitment to become more like the Savior.”  And it got me to thinking about another quote, “Judgment is not just about what you have done, but what you have become.”  That the purpose of this life is to learn, grow and in the very essence become like the Savior. To become something that is better than what we now are.

Thanks for all that you do.   Love, Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment