England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Good Week- Passed my Driving Test!

We were teaching one of our investigators this week. The lesson was on the Plan of Salvation and the person we were with basically taught us about the kingdoms of glory and about our purpose on earth- it was great! 
We love to have dinner appointments with members of the ward.  It helps to develop a great trust and helps us to get referrals.  


We have learned to follow through with plans.  One day we had plans for an appointment about an hour away walk. We were not sure it would go through, but we went anyways because that was our plan.  We went and no one was home. But because we had planned to go that way, on the way back, we found a great guy.  Who if we wouldn’t have been doing our plan, we would have never found.  Just shows the importance of always following through with your plan.  Due to the fact the Lord will put prepared people in our path.  Another time we walked 30 minutes to an appointment that wasn’t there, but on the way back we found a lady who was happy to talk with us.

Last week at interviews we were talking about things we have been blessed with. And it led me to think about what have I been blessed with since being on my mission. I have lost friends, I have always been tired, and I have no time for myself.  But then it led me to think also- I have a lot more knowledge of the gospel. I have a better understanding of the scriptures.  And the one thing that stuck out to me the most- is more patience in the Lord’s timing.  I have done a lot of finding on my mission and I feel it’s because the Lord is trying to teach me a lesson about patience with his timing.  When my brother was killed, I had a lot of questions.  Why now? Why Him? Why…Why…Why.  I had no patience with His timing, I wasn’t looking at an eternal perspective. I only looked at the here and now and it was unfair.  But since my mission my attitude towards all of eternity and patience has changed.  I have spent countless days of spending all day talking to people and have been beat down all day.  But I keep working, I don’t know why.  Other than the fact I am a Stevenson. But no matter how the work is going I give it my all because I know one day it will all be worth it. It may not be today or tomorrow or in 2 years or in 20 years, but it will come.  On the Lord’s timing.  The day will come when I will know why, when I will be blessed so much because of the work I am putting in on my mission. I wasn’t sent to England to sit on my butt and wait for things to be given to me. But I was sent here to work my butt off even when quitting would be a much easier way.  But I love I have for the Lord shows in the work ethic I have.

I took my practical driver’s test and passed!  I had been really worried about it- it’s a tough test. 

 I am learning to enjoy playing Rugby with the other missionaries on p-days.

This week I was studying the calling of the 12 Apostles and it was super cool. Just how chosen they were and when they were chosen, they dropped all to follow him. One example was that they needed to leave their family and go. And it doesn’t necessarily mean that we chose our family or Jesus Christ. But it means that if it came down to choosing one, we would trust in God and choose Jesus Christ. For an example, someone who is a convert to the church that their parents said if they got baptized they would disown them. They get baptized anyways, they choose between Jesus and family and they trusted in God. Also in a talk, it said true success in this life comes only through consecrating ourselves to the Lord. That is the only way to have true success. To consecrate ourselves to the Lord.

Thanks everyone for all that you have done. I enjoy all the emails, love and support I have felt.

Love Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment