England London Mission

England London Mission

Monday, December 2, 2013

It's worth it!

Pretty good week here in England.  A couple of days of finding and street contacting in town centre and some lessons with investigators and members.  We had interviews with the President this week also.   He gave a very short training on having the Lord involved in His Work. How we need to ask for Him to help us do this work, and that He will help us if we do.

Another opportunity for service .  This time for a member in the area.  He was needing some help in getting ready for a new fence in his yard.  At first we were a little hesitant because we were in our nice clothes and had an appointment in a couple of hours and didn’t have time to change and such.  We decided we could help though and just be careful- how dirty could be get in just cutting down some stuff.  We helped for about 30 minutes and made it back in time for our appointment.  It was fun to be able to help him. 

I haven’t driven since taking the driving lessons. I haven’t heard about my driving license.  I applied for my provisional license following the driving lessons.  That is just so that I can take the test.   I am going to take the test on the computer, so that it’s over with.  That portion is good for two full years.  Then if I get into a car area, I will do the actual driving portion of the test at that time.

Learned a little of what it’s like to be a parent this week. We were working with an investigator when that thought came to me.   Watching them grow, seeing them progress in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and hearing them pray.  It’s so worth it!   It’s times when you hear them pray, when you think I taught them this, I taught them about God, I taught them to pray.  It’s times like this when I can see from a parent’s point of view how they see their kids grow up and do good things.  It’s worth it to realize all of the joy and happiness that sharing the gospel truly brings into your life.


Love, Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment