England London Mission

England London Mission

Monday, November 18, 2013

Service= Super Fun!

We finally got a chance to do some service.  There is a shop in town like a DI to help in raising some funds for a homeless shelter.  They were moving from one location to another place. So we were able to move some things into the new bigger store and painted for about 3 hours. It was super fun!

Sometimes there are points of your mission that are stressful.  When you just don’t understand why your investigators don’t get it.  When you can’t figure out how to explain it any clearer for them.  If they will just read the Book of Mormon, they will get it all.  The Book of Mormon proves everything.  That Joseph Smith was a prophet. This is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that has been fully restored in these latter days. This is what you need to read in order to have the same testimony about these things.  You just need to read the book to know it is true.  You can’t expect God to let you know it is true if you don’t give it a chance.

We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was really good.  The main theme was Member Missionary Work.  A couple of the missionaries told of their conversion stories.  And the Stake President told of some of the happiness his son is experiencing on his mission.   He urged the members to share the gospel in small and simple things. One of our investigators was there and was really impressed with it also.

It’s crazy to think that next week, I will have been out for 5 months.  I have grown a lot on my mission, not physically, but mentally and spiritually. I have matured a lot. I never would have imagined that I would have changed this much in such a short amount of time. It’s crazy to think it, but it’s true. The happiness I have when I am sharing the gospel is a happiness that I have never felt before. It’s a different happiness that no one can describe until they feel it. I am so grateful for this chance I have to serve a mission.  I am so grateful for all those that support me and send me emails and letters.  Thanks so much!


Love, Elder Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment