England London Mission

England London Mission

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Love From England

Tuesday last week was our p-day, and then Wednesday we switched companions. That first day with a new companion is always a little weird.  When you have been with a companion for 3 months you just know what each other did or would do.  With a new companion, there’s a “get to know you “ period with some awkward small talk and such on the first day.  We had a good first week though.

We were teaching this one guy and he was listening to what we were saying and had a lot of good questions.  About half way through another person who lives in the apartment came to listen, and then another came to join in.  When we went to leave they said perhaps there would be others who would like to join for the next lesson.  It was a pretty good time.


We have done a lot of street contacting and tracting this week trying to find more people to teach.  We also found out that one of my companion's converts from a previous area has just moved into our area, so we will be contacting that one sometime soon.   We had a few lessons work out for the week, and some that didn’t show. Nothing new there- that happens a lot.  We do have two who are looking to be baptized in a few weeks- knock on wood…  one of them actually gave up tea- something they said they would never do!

Showed up at church again this week to find out there was no one to teach Elder’s Quorum again.  It was my 3rd lesson teaching in a row.  It was on how we are to be in the world, but not of the world.  So it was pretty simple. 

Today was p-day again and we were to play football.  It had rained most of the night and so it was super wet. But super fun at the same time. I got super muddy. There was a ball that was about to go out and I was like I don’t think I can get it, but I was like ahh forget it and just slide and it was the best feeling just sliding on muddy grass. It was awesome!


Also got my hair cut today- it was getting long on top, I had let it grow out a little. So this time I had it cut back on top as well.

Made a few changes in my diet as well. I was tired of salads for lunch and dinner. So I have a deli wrap for lunch and a salad for dinner.   Still having oatmeal for breakfast.  Found a sale last week.  Oatmeal was like 60 percent off, so I got enough oatmeal for all transfer for 4 pounds!  So I was so excited about that one!

For service this week, we were able to help a lady set up things for the Primary Activity Day. 

This week in studying I came across something I liked in 1 Corinthians 1:17- the study manual says, “The test of one effectiveness as a representative of Jesus Christ is not how many he or she baptized, but how well he spreads the word of God so that all will hear and obey may do so.”    And also that only spiritually prepared shall endure without fear in the Days (Second coming) ahead. We not only need to see the signs and recognize them, but we need to be spiritually prepared for it as well.

That’s about all.  Thanks for all you do. Love, Elder Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment