England London Mission

England London Mission

Monday, May 12, 2014

Good Visit

A great visit with Elder Stevenson yesterday. Things are going well for him in England.  Not a lot of luck with the investigators this week- still trying.  And still working to find new people to teach.   A couple of people from a previous area are talking about getting baptized this summer. 


Things are going good in the area.  It was rainy most of the week.  For the football/soccer game the missionaries were playing with a few from the ward and some kids.  After about 10 minutes of playing, it started to pour for the next thirty minutes.  We continued to play and were soaked from head to toe.  The bishop said it appear we were walking on water.  He is a lot of fun. 

The crops are looking good there. The grain is starting to head out already and the beets are up to about the 8 leaf stage already.  Strange to hear of the difference in the growing seasons.


We were able to tear down a shed for service one day.  A wind storm had torn off part of the roof.  So we just finished tearing off the roof and pushing in the sides.  Had a blast doing that. 


Been thinking about the changes I’m made since coming out on my mission.  It seems like the longer I am out on my mission, the more comfortable I am at discussing the gospel with people.   I like to talk about the gospel with people.  Not something I did before my mission, or even really had an interest in doing.  Fun to have a doctrinal discussion with dad as we Skyped.   I can’t imagine the conversations we will be having a year from now. A lot of changes for me.

Thanks for all of the emails and letters, I love hearing from everyone!   Have a great week!

Love, Elder Stevenson



No comments:

Post a Comment